Our Calgary pharmacists will provide you with information on the latest diabetes products and medications to help you manage and monitor you glucose level, lower you risk for complications, and live healthy with diabetes.
We’ll do a one-on-one consultation focusing on nutrition, lifestyle, medications, foot care, and testing your blood sugar. Talk to our Certified Calgary Diabetes Educator about living healthy with Diabetes.
Our comprehensive diabetes services are designed to educate you about diabetes and enable you to successfully manage your health. By doing this we can help you prevent the complications that occur from diabetes, such as damage to your eyes and kidneys. We provide:
- Full blood glucose meter training, advice and troubleshooting including, when to test, what results to look for and what to do when your readings are out of target.
- Download your blood glucose meter results and provide you with a printed log book, trend graphs and charts to help you review how well you have been managing your blood sugars.
- Complimentary on-site A1C testing. Using a small finger prick and taking only 5 minutes, this test result helps you get a picture of what your blood sugars have been over the last 3 months.
- Nutrition and lifestyle advice. Unsure what to eat and how much? Questions about what types of food or exercise you should be doing? We can provide you with answers to these and other questions as well as eating tips to help manage your diabetes.
- Insulin management. We provide training on how to get started with insulin and tips on adjusting your therapy. We can also help you ensure you are on the right insulin for your needs and lifestyle.
- Free “sharps” container program. We offer free biohazard containers and disposal. Please ask in-store for details.
- We carry special products, resouces and sugar-free/no sugar added products that are helpful in diabetes managment. Some of these products include:
- Walden Farms salad dressings, syrup, jelly, and sauces
- Kerr light mints and candies
- Russell stover chocolates
- Canadian Diabetes Association cookbooks and resources
- Low glycemic index protein bars, powders, Glucerna, etc.
Call for more information or to book an appointment with our Certified Calgary Diabetes Educator today!